Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) is an essential technique in today’s molecular biology and biotech applications. Starting with a small sample of DNA, scientists can produce billions of copies of a specific fragment quickly and affordably. With our PCR 101 and Gel Electrophoresis MiniLab, students amplify fragments from the Lambda phage genome while learning the mechanism of DNA amplification with PCR and analyze their results using gel electrophoresis.
- Fast, affordable, and hands-on lab to teach the fundamentals of PCR
- Students will understand the molecular mechanism of Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) and gel electrophoresis
- Students set up, program, and monitor their own PCR reactions via a wireless mobile device
- Students cast, load, and run a gel to estimate the size of PCR fragments in comparison to a molecular weight standard
- Hands-on lab that can be completed in two class periods
- Store at 4°C; GreenGel™ Cups should be left in the original box and protected from light
- Guaranteed stable for three months with proper storage
Materials Included in each PCR101 MiniLab, M6001TAE:
Each MiniLab contains enough materials for 10 workstations, 2 – 3 students per workstation.
- FastTaq PCR MasterMix (2X)
- Three primer sets, both forward and reverse primers included in each set
- Lambda phage genomic DNA
- Sterile nuclease-free water
- MiniOne® DNA marker
- MiniOne® 5X sample loading dye
- Ten 2% agarose GreenGel™ Cups
- One bottle of 100 mL Tris-Acetate-EDTA (TAE) buffer concentrate, enough to make 2L of 1X running buffer
- One bag of 0.2 mL thin-wall PCR tubes
- One bag of 0.65 mL microcentrifuge tubes
- Teacher guide
Utilize these teachers guides and classroom handouts to get the most out of your PCR 101 & Gel Electrophoresis MiniLab.
Ressources pour les enseignants
Risorse per l’insegnamento
- * Teachers, please contact us for password to access this file.